In a time of uncertainty created by COVID-19, everyone at Ottawa Organics is committed to doing our part to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and suppliers, while continuing to meet our duty to deliver fresh organic fruits, vegetables, and groceries to you affordably and reliably as long as it’s safe to do so. We feel very privileged to serve you and we are grateful that you choose us to deliver to you.
Our process and protocols for dealing the threat of COVID-19 coronavirus are guided by the recommendations of the WHO, the province of Ontario, the city of Ottawa, and other leading health organizations.
- All deliveries are “no contact”, we accept payment by e-transfer or credit card only
- All orders are delivered in new boxes and delivered one way, we are not accepting any boxes to be returned or reused
- We are not accepting any bottles or jars for return until further notice
- Our warehouse is locked at all times and closed to all visitors, no pickup orders or visitors are permitted
- Enhanced hygiene – anyone entering the building must first wash their hands before proceeding
- Regular, required hand washing at a dedicated hand washing station
- All employees handling food are required to wear Nitril gloves
- Additional signage throughout the warehouse reminding everyone to wash hands frequently
- Reduced number of suppliers, allowing only those with similar documented policies and protocols to deliver
- Employees come to work at their own discretion. Coming to work is optional during this time.
- Sick or symptomatic employees required to stay home – no questions asked
- We are rapidly testing a system to let you track your delivery so you can plan to be home to accept your delivery eliminating the need to meet the driver, and minimize the time your box is exposed to anyone else on your doorstep
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will adapt our protocols as the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, we invite you to let us know.
The Ottawa Organics Team
Matt, Jane, Jim, Masako, Geoff, Hilary, Gil, Chris, & Andy